Monday, July 5, 2021

What I Eat In A Day

 


I usually only eat two meals a day within an eight hour time window.  I am not much of an early morning eater so having my time window between noon and 8:00 pm works really well for me.  Most people who do this call it intermittent fasting, or IF, but I just refer to it as what I normally do.  It's pretty much how I've been long before I started Keto.

 


I start my day with a couple small cups of black coffee and two 16 ounce glasses of plain filtered water.  Around 10:00 am I enjoy a Keto (bulletproof) coffee.  It is my favorite part of my day.  I love, love, love my Keto coffees.  There are many different ways to make Keto coffee and I will typically just use 2 Tbs. of heavy cream and 1 Tbs of MCT oil whizzed into a large cup of black coffee.  I use a battery powered matcha mixer which works really well to blend the MCT oil into the cream and coffee.  Often I'll add a teaspoon of vanilla.  I prefer not to use sweetener in my coffee.

 

Scrambled Eggs & Cheese With Tabasco And Half An Avocado

By noon or shortly thereafter I am ready for my first meal.  Most of the time I eat some type of an egg dish or I reheat leftovers from the day before.  Eggs are a main staple of my diet as we have chickens and are able to have our own organically and free range raised eggs.  Our chickens are spoiled rotten and very much loved as pets.  I make sure they are healthy, happy and fed a really good diet.  The eggs they give us are exceptional.

 

Pan-seared Rib Eye With Sauteed Pesto Shrimp & Asparagus

My next meal is in the evening and is typically a standard sized serving of lean meat and a large serving of vegetables.  Steamed, sautéed or fresh vegetables prepared with herbs and spices as well as avocado oil or good quality olive oil is where I get the most variety in my diet.  I cook most of my meats in rendered bacon fat.  I prefer to cook chicken in olive oil.  Fresh green salads are another big source of my vegetable intake.  Low carb dressings and vinaigrettes are my preference to dress a salad.  I try to make most of my dressings, however I do occasionally use store bought options.

 


I find that by keeping my meals simple and varied I am adequately nourished and seldom bored by what I eat.  I drink a lot of filtered water throughout my day, enjoy flavored sparkling waters with no added sweeteners and teas on occasion.  Sometimes, if I've been extra active, I'll drink some V-8 juice.  I try to steer away from diet sodas or anything with sugar substitutes add to them.  My most frequent dessert is a square of 90% dark chocolate and sometimes Keto ice cream.  Most of the time I forgo desserts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. It is always nice to hear from you!