Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Cheesy Cauliflower Bake



I used to make a similar dish, but with potatoes.  This one uses cauliflower in place of the potatoes and is super easy to make.

Cheesy Cauliflower Bake

1 lb. frozen cauliflower florets, partially thawed
1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup sour cream
4-6 green onions, sliced
Salt & pepper to taste

Finely chop cauliflower.  In a large bowl thoroughly combine all ingredients.  Place into a well oiled one quart casserole dish.  Bake at 400° for about 30 minutes until bubbly and edges start to brown.


It is really just that easy!  And delicious?  Holy cow!  You seriously won't miss the potatoes.  This makes an excellent side dish to any meat entree.  You could even add bacon bits to make it more like a loaded baked potato.  Or some diced ham.

Make this recipe soon.  You will not be disappointed.



10 comments:

  1. I make a similar one but add bacon and call it my main dish. You are right, it is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The next one I make is going to have bacon in it. Yum!

      Delete
  2. This looks really yummy. My cheesy casserole is often broccoli and cauliflower loaded with cheese on top, but I haven't used the sour cream to mix in. I think I will make this recipe with smaller pieces of cauliflower like you did. It will be a nice change I'm sure. And I always have cooked bacon in my freezer ready to crumble into any recipe. Thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might have to add some broccoli to this dish too. That would be really good. Thank you for the idea. :)

      Delete
  3. I just made this for lunch today, using frozen riced cauliflower, and it was delicious! Thank you for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, this looks super good! And it uses frozen cauliflower??? How fast and easy is THAT? Can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. It is always nice to hear from you!