Wednesday, March 13, 2019

I Keep It Simple


You can make pretty much anything as simple or as complicated as you wish.  I prefer to keep things simple and my Ketogenic lifestyle is a perfect example of that.  From the very beginning I did my homework, learned what I needed to know, did some research and got ready to get started.  For me, the key to being successful was simplicity.



I know what I should eat and what I shouldn't.  I stick to the basics and eat foods as close to their original form as possible.  Whole foods, lots of fresh vegetables and fruits (yes, I eat fruit), meats, some fish and seafood, healthy fats like coconut oil, avocado oil, olive oil, butter and cream.  Low carb desserts and high quality chocolate keep me from feeling deprived or craving things I shouldn't eat.


I eat a lot of variety to stave off boredom.  I plan my meals and I do a lot of meal prepping so my busy schedule doesn't get in the way of good eating habits.  No excuses not to stay the course.


I don't track my macros.  I track a lot of things in my life, but macros just isn't one of them.  For me it was too easy to get mired down in the minutia and it created a lot of stress and anxiety.  So I decided not to do it anymore and it hasn't adversely affected me.  One less thing to worry about.


When I first got started I used to weigh myself once a week, naked, first thing in the morning.  I do recommend that and no more often than that.  Now, after a year, I only weigh in once or twice a month.  My focus isn't on weight loss, but rather health so I made the decision to weigh in less often.


When people ask me what I eat on Keto I simply tell them plants and animals with some healthy fats.  It is something they can easily wrap their heads around and it pretty much sums it up in a nutshell.  I drink water, teas and coffee and steer clear of sodas and "healthy waters" as they tend to have a lot of sweeteners and weird stuff in them I can't even pronounce.  A glass of filtered water and a slice of lime or lemon suits me just fine.  And I love, love, love my Keto Coffee.


So that is pretty much how I roll with my Ketogenic lifestyle.  Keep it simple, keep it easy and keep on being successful.



8 comments:

  1. I love to cook so I invest a lot of time trying new keto recipes. To me the only thing "difficult" about the keto way of eating is that everything is made from scratch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would completely agree with that. But totally manageable as I'm sure you'll attest.

      Delete
  2. As always, good solid advice. It's way too easy to make it too complicated, and your common sense approach is just what I needed to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do I subscribe to this blog? I am going to start a Keto diet in 2 weeks and I would like to get your updates. I follow your other blog already. Thanks. Teddie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Teddie. I'm so happy for you that you've made the decision to do Keto. I've added the Follow feature and you can be the first!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm on day 5 of keto and feel like I've found my place..your blog has helped motivate me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Kelley! I am so happy for you. You will be amazed at how good you are going to feel.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. It is always nice to hear from you!