Monday, March 11, 2019

Keto Chocolates



Simple little chocolates are a great way to satisfy a sweet tooth.  I like to make these every once in a while and keep them in my refrigerator.  They are less than a gram of carbs too, so no guilt and they taste wonderful.


Take an ounce of Baker's 100% Cocoa unsweetened baking chocolate, a tsp of coconut oil and put it in a dish.  I like to use my one cup glass Pyrex measuring cup.  Melt it in the  microwave in two 30 second bursts and stir to melt and combine.  Stir in a packet of sweetener of choice and that is it.


You can use this chocolate base as is or add nuts or unsweetened coconut and pour into molds.  A little peppermint extract is also nice.  Once the molds are filled place in the refrigerator until completely set.  Then pop them out and place in a container and keep them in the refrigerator.


You can also use this chocolate base to make peanut or almond clusters.  Stir in the almonds or peanuts, place by spoonfuls onto waxed paper and chill until set.  Easy peasy!


Enjoying chocolates on Keto is completely doable.  And these are actually good for you too!




6 comments:

  1. These look and sound great. I'm going to give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you ever make them with peanut butter? Suggestion on how much to add in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've stirred in a tablespoon of peanut butter and I've done just peanuts too. You can get pretty creative.

      Delete
  3. I have not tried these yet. I think I am a little afraid to have them around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't make a lot and you can enjoy them with no guilt. :)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. It is always nice to hear from you!