Friday, October 5, 2018

Lime Gelatin Dessert




I've seen this recipe before, but pretty much dismissed it for years and years.  That is until I realized it is perfect for keto!


Lime Gelatin Dessert

1 large box sugar free lime gelatin
1 8 oz. package cream cheese - room temperature

In a blender combine gelatin and 2 cups of boiling water.  Carefully pulse to combine.  Add cream cheese and blend until smooth.  Add cold water until you reach the 4 cup mark.  Pulse again until well blended.  Pour into a 9" X 13" baking dish.  Chill for 4 hours until set.  Cut into squares and serve.


I understand this recipe is from the 1950s and was rather popular in its day.  I think it is tasty enough it should be popular once again.  Originally served as a salad rather than a dessert, but to me I think it makes a great dessert.  Definitely quells a sweet tooth.  Served with a dollop of whipped cream on top.  Yum!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. It is always nice to hear from you!