Wednesday, October 10, 2018

A Keto Pumpkin No Bake Cheesecake



I absolutely love pumpkin and I love cheesecake so I decided to combine the two and see what I could come up with.  I think the results are pretty darn good, if you ask me.


Pumpkin No Bake Cheesecake

8 oz. cream cheese
1 cup pure pumpkin puree
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
1/2 cup boiling water
1/2 cup sweetener
2 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 cup whipping cream

Set cream cheese out until it is room temperature.  In a medium bowl beat whipping cream with a mixer until stiff peaks form.  Set aside.  In a small bowl dissolve gelatin in boiling water.  In a large bowl beat the cream cheese until it is smooth, add the pumpkin and beat again until smooth and thoroughly combined.  Continue beating and drizzle in the gelatin mixture.  Add sweetener, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice.  Beat until well combined.  Fold in whipped cream.  Pour into pie plate.  Chill in the refrigerator four hours.  Serves 8.

Approximately = 5g carbs, 21g fat, 3g protein per slice (plain).



I served each slice with a dollop of whipped cream on top.  Definitely takes care of any pumpkin dessert craving you might have.  Perfect for the upcoming holidays.  I have a feeling I'll be making this one a lot.



6 comments:

  1. Cream cheese has done us in again!! LOL! Now I am wondering if this would work with Almond milk, but sometimes the consistence will change. But he loves pumpkin pie, so may be worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wondering if full fat coconut milk would work or even coconut cream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vegan (dairy free) cream cheese is available in stores. Daiya is a well-known brand, and there's Follow Your Heart as well. You also might try a dairy-free plain yogurt.

    I don't believe coconut milk or almond milk would work, due to the thinner consistency. But I'm positive that coconut cream would work just as well as a dairy-free cream cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made this crustless cheesecake for our Thanksgiving; if licking the spoon was any indication, it's going to make a fabulous dessert! I'm calling it "Pumpkin Mousse" because the word "cheesecake" is a trigger for one of the sillier members of my family--he'll eat cream cheese happily as long as he doesn't know it's there. I know, I know. Whaddya gonna do?
    I used Swerve as the sugar substitute. I just discovered it recently, and I find it is an excellent sugar sub with no yucky aftertaste. It's pricy, but I am going to try "plain" erithrytol and see how that goes. I've heard it's a great lower-priced alternative to Swerve, and I've heard it's not great. I guess it's a matter of individual tastes, but to me it's worth trying. Swerve, athough wonderful, is so expensive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard Swerve is really good, but haven't tried it yet. I did get some erithrytol and it seems pretty good. I used it in some cookies. I got some stevia/erithrytol packets at Walmart and that seems to be pretty good. I hope the "mousse" was a hit! :)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. It is always nice to hear from you!