Friday, June 8, 2018

How I Start My Morning - Keto Inspired Coffee



I've been starting my day every morning since my early twenties with a hot cup of black coffee.  Having never really been one to put anything in it.  No cream or sugar, occasionally a little flavored creamer, but was not ever a big fan of the stuff.

I still start my day out with a hot cup of black coffee each morning.  It's my second cup of coffee however, that has changed since going keto.  And I love it!  In fact I eagerly look forward to it every day, it is such a treat!  Are you ready?

Into the bottom of my cup I place one of the following:

Two tablespoons of heavy whipping cream, a dash of cinnamon

Two tablespoons of heavy whipping cream, 1/4 tsp cocoa powder

Two tablespoons of heavy whipping cream, few drops vanilla extract

Then I fill it with coffee and stir in a packet of stevia or erythritol sweetener and enjoy.  Essentially I'm making my own homemade healthy creamer here.  Pretty simple and absolutely delicious!


Each tablespoon of cream and the sweetener packet is just under 1 gram of carbohydrate so for a cup of keto coffee I'm right at about 2 1/2 grams.

I don't do the butter coffee or Bulletproof Coffee (butter, MCT oil, sweetener) yet.  For someone who has been a card carrying member of the black coffee club I have to work my way in that direction.  And to be perfectly honest I am too lazy to break out the blender in the morning and then have to clean it.  This, however, is the perfect way for me to get my day started and I'm already adding in those much needed healthy fats.  That's right, cream is actually good for you!

Think you might give this a try?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. It is always nice to hear from you!