Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Creating A Keto Journal



There is no doubt about it, a ketogenic lifestyle is different.  For me it was a complete departure from everything I thought I knew about health and nutrition.  Everything I had been taught to believe was literally tossed out the window and I had to learn things all over again.  It was a lot to wrap my head around.

I don't know about you, but I like to make my journals pretty! 😄

I decided to create a journal to help me keep it all organized and so I don't have to carry it all around inside my head.  Face it, my head is probably not the best storage space for all this information anyway, you know what I mean? 

How darling are these half size mini binders?!

Love this kit!  Each tab divider is a different design and it includes loose leaf notebook paper.

At first I used my dayplanner to jot stuff down and found myself tucking loads and loads of pieces of note paper in it with lists and ideas.  So I moved onto a spiral bound steno pad I kept in my purse and that seemed to be working out much better.  But I decided this journey is more important to me than I originally thought so I decided to upgrade to an actual journal.

I have oodles of stickers, embellishments and papers to make it special

I like journals.  I like having a designated book that I can put things in.  Something I can see, touch, hold and work in.  Something that inspires me to keep on going.  A place to file the thoughts in my head so it doesn't end up so cluttered up there.  Make sense?

Love these tab dividers!

So I headed to Walmart and purchased these really cute mini binders that hold half size sheets of paper.  Nice size, don't take up a lot of space and I can put them in my purse if I want to.  While I was there I found these darling tab divider and notebook paper sets.  You have to know that made me do a little happy dance.  I got super excited.  I also picked up a package of sheet protectors.  Once home I scrounged around the house for papers, stickers, photos, etc. and started to make my very own keto life journal.


Fun notebook paper

I plan to keep all kinds of things in my journal such as:

Meal planning
Recipes
Food records and macros
Weight records
Health records
Thoughts and ideas
Photos and pictures of things that inspire me
Accomplishments

Pretty much anything I want to put in there I will.  This is my journey, my new lifestyle, and I want to record it.  I like this idea!

I like it a lot!


1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment. It is always nice to hear from you!