Friday, June 15, 2018

Egg Roll In A Bowl



This recipe is hands down my go-to meal when I need something quick and satisfying.  My family really likes it too.

Egg Roll In A Bowl

1 lb ground pork, beef, chicken, turkey, or sausage
1 pkg. shredded coleslaw mix
1/2 medium onion, diced
1 Tbs. minced garlic
1 tsp. ground ginger
3 Tbs. soy sauce (gluten free)
Toasted sesame oil

In a wok or large skillet cook the ground meat and onion, add remaining ingredients, stir and cook until cabbage just begins to soften.  Remove from heat and serve with a little bit of toasted sesame oil drizzled over the top.

Approximately = 6g carbs, 23g fat, 10g protein

A bag of shredded cabbage makes this one quick and easy to prepare meal

I also like a little bit of Thai chili paste on top.  This meal hits our menu plan on a fairly regular basis.  For me it's a great comfort food.



7 comments:

  1. Simple enough and sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see this one around, but it's usually called "Crack Slaw". I think Egg Roll in a Bowl is much more descriptive and family friendly. But whatever you call it, you can definitely call it DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to add that I frequently use those chopped salad mixes for this dish--whatever is on sale! I save the included dressing and mix-ins for other things. Those small packets are so convenient for work lunch salads, or to add to a small pasta salad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started eating Keto this morning. I will be stopping here regularly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. It is always nice to hear from you!