Tuesday, October 18, 2022

What I Eat In A Day #8



I was busy running errands the other day but I thought I'd go ahead and share what I ate that day.  Even when I'm busy I can still pull off some really good and healthy meals.  Since I needed to be out of the house fairly early I went ahead and made my morning Keto coffee and took it along with me.  Once home I enjoyed a simple lunch of two poached eggs on a single slice of buttered toast made with Keto bread.

 


Speaking of Keto bread, while I was running my errands I picked up two loaves at my neighborhood Dollar Tree.  $1.25 a loaf beats $6 a loaf at the regular grocery store any day!  I was super excited to see it in stock so I grabbed these and got them into my freezer so I'm well stocked right now.

 


I opened a jar of pork verde I had made and canned quite some time ago.  Healthy fast food in my pantry is very much appreciated.  I put it in my little slow cooker on low along with half a package of cream cheese.  A few hours later I stirred it all together to make a delicious creamy sauce.

 


I shredded iceberg lettuce to serve it on adding grated cheese, diced avocado, some olives and a nice dollop of sour cream.  You can serve this on rice cauliflower too.  I like the iceberg lettuce here for the crispness and because it hold up well under the pork verde.  Lots of good flavors going on here.

 


Also, one of my favorite snacks from time to time is almonds and a square of 90% dark chocolate along with a nice cup of flavored hot coffee.  Perfect treat as the weather is cooling now and Fall is definitely in the air.

 

What delicious meals have you been enjoying lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. It is always nice to hear from you!