Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Quick Keto Bread Mix



I saw this made by Keto Connect on Youtube and I also found their website.  So you know I had to give it a try and to be honest, it isn't bad.  I do recommend, however, that you do not burn it in the toaster.


2 cups almond flour
4 Tbs psyllium husk
6 Tbs flax seed meal
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Place ingredients into a quart jar.  Put a lid on and shake well to combine.  Store in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to use.

To make bread place a tablespoon of melted butter into a microwave safe ramiken.  Add 1/4 cup bread mix and 1 egg, stir to combine.  Microwave on high 75 to 90 seconds until center springs at the touch.  Turn out onto a plate.

You can slice this in half to use to make a sandwich, butter it and eat like a roll, toast like an english muffin and top with butter and some sugar free jam or fruit spread, or toast and top with poached eggs.  The versatility of this is immeasurable. 


To make a sweeter version you can also add a packet of stevia/eryritol blend and some cinnamon to make a cinnamon bread.  Dried fruit or frozen berries are nice too.  Make it plain with sweetener and top with sliced strawberries and a dollop of whipped cream for strawberry shortcake.

If you make this recipe let me know how you end up using it.


6 comments:

  1. Does this taste eggy? I like the idea of finally having some keto compliant mix. but I really do not like eggy flavors at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think it tasted eggy, but I know what you mean. I don't like that flavor either. I also found I liked this toasted in a pan rather than the toaster. I just buttered it and toasted it like a grilled cheese sandwich. I'm going to try the sweet version of it for strawberry shortcake.

      Delete
  2. There must be 100K recipes for this bread! The version I love is: 3 T flax meal, 1/2 t baking powder, 3 T egg white (or 1 large egg) and 1 T olive oil. Mix well with a fork, nuke in a micro-safe bowl for 90 sec.
    I let it cool for a minute or two, then slice in half and toast. I then have a muffin for an egg sammy, or a bun for a burger with cheese--however I want to use it. I think the flavor is pretty good (not eggy!), and it's better than going without.
    I never really thought about making a sweet version, but you're right--a sweeter one WOULD be good for a strawberry shortcake! Next time I have a craving for something sweet, I'm gonna whip one up! Thank you for a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to give your recipe a try. Thank you for sharing it with me!

      Delete
  3. Hi, I just baked your bread and served it with fresh strawberries and whip cream. It was easy to make and tasted great. Thanks for sharing such great recipes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. It is always nice to hear from you!