Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Pizza Bake



I hadn't made this recipe since last spring, not quite sure why that was because it is DELICIOUS!  I made it last Sunday and it was fantastic!  Super simple and very satisfying.


Keto Combo Pizza Bake

1 lb. lean ground beef (or turkey)
1 lb. pork sausage
1 pkg. pepperoni slices
1 can Italian style diced tomatoes
1 can sliced olives
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tsp. dried basil
2 Tbs. olive oil
2 cups grated mozzarella cheese

In a large pot over medium heat saute pepper and onion in olive oil until tender.  Add ground beef and pork sausage and cook through.  Add mushrooms, diced tomatoes, garlic and basil.  Continue cooking until mushrooms are done, then remove from heat.

Use a slotted spoon to evenly place meat mixture into a well oiled 9" X 13" pan.  Top with cheese, pepperoni slices and sliced olives.  Bake for 30 minutes at 400° or just until bubbly and cheese begins to brown slightly.  Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes, cut and serve.


You can add whatever you like to this recipe and leave out what you don't.  It is pretty versatile that way and it so good.  I like to bake a pan of broccoli florets tossed in olive oil, garlic and seasonings alongside for a quick and nutritious side dish.



6 comments:

  1. I will be doing this soon. I love the way the fathead pizza tastes, but it just uses more cheese than I am willing to use for the crust.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't made the fathead pizza yet simply because to me it seems like a lot of cheese. I've heard great things about it though.

      Delete
  2. That looks like a tasty recipe. i've been doing keto for over a month and not much weight loss but i do like how I feel. I've done the fathead pizza dough and it's good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I havent figured out how to leave a comment as the subscribe atom doesn't seem to work with safari. I'm doing keto for about a month and a half now. No real weight loss but then i'm not completely giving up my daily glass of wine either so maybe that's why. I've made the fathead pizza and it's good but quite rich.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both look delicious - definitely going to try. ^^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. It is always nice to hear from you!