Friday, July 13, 2018

Low Carb Keto Cheesecake Dessert



This is one of my favorite desserts.  I made it a lot before I started keto and I am so happy I can still have it, even now.  While I used to make it with light cream cheese, sugar and a graham cracker crust I find I don't miss the crust and the sweetener works just fine.  And I'm sure not complaining about full fat cream cheese.


Low Carb Keto Cheesecake Dessert

8 oz. cream cheese
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
1/2 cup boiling water
1/3 cup sweetener
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup whipping cream

Set cream cheese out until it is room temperature.  In a medium bowl beat whipping cream with a mixer until stiff peaks form.  Set aside.  In a small bowl dissolve gelatin in boiling water.  In a large bowl beat the cream cheese until it is smooth.  Continue beating and drizzle in the gelatin mixture.  Add sweetener and vanilla.  Beat until smooth and well combined.  Fold in whipped cream.  Pour into pie plate.  Chill in the refrigerator four hours.  Serves 8.

Approximately = 2g carbs, 21g fat, 3g protein per slice (plain).


I use as Stevia and erythritol blend sweetener, but you can use any kind you prefer.  The cheesecake slices and serves just as nice without a crust.  Top it with some fresh berries or a drizzle of sugar free chocolate syrup and a dollop of whipped topping if you like.  Yum!


1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment. It is always nice to hear from you!