Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Plants & Animals Baby!

 


People will often ask me "What do you eat?" and I tell them "Basically, plants and animals."  It doesn't get much easier or more fundamental than that.  If it is a plant or an animal I'll pretty much eat it, within reason.  I do limit my intake of fruit, but as far as vegetables and lean meat options as well as most nuts, I'm all in.

 

A very simple spinach salad

When you look at your way of eating on the most basic and fundamental level it makes it really easy and far less overwhelming, in my opinion.  Cheetos, although delicious, are not a plant nor an animal, therefore I probably shouldn't eat that.  Milky Way or Snickers, same thing.  Salad, serve it up!  Roasted almonds, yes please!  Salmon fillet, grilled to perfection?  Come to mama!

 

Bite sized pieces of pork combined with frozen vegetables baked on a tray

I look for foods that are in the form that is closest to nature.  Fresh or frozen vegetables, lean meats, nuts, butter, cream, olive oil, avocado oil, coconut and coconut oil.  When I think of condiments I look for those that have the least amount of ingredients, preferably recognizable or I make them myself so I know exactly what is in there.

 

These peanut butter cookies contain no sugar and no flour but you would never know it

When it comes to sweets, yes I have a sweet tooth, I eat those in moderation and make it or again purchase something that is limited with a recognizable ingredient list.  My sweeteners of choice are stevia or monk fruit.  I try to stay away from regular white sugar which can be difficult because they sneak it into everything so you really need to be a label reader when you are shopping.  Which is why I try to stay as close to nature as possible when selecting my groceries.  It just makes it easier.

 

Hot Italian sausage with tomatoes, onions & peppers

Plants and animals baby!  I'm telling you that's where it's at.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. It is always nice to hear from you!