Thursday, September 29, 2022

Do I Eat Keto Every Day?

 


Do I eat Keto every day?  Usually, yes.  But occasionally I do indulge myself and enjoy a little bit of rice or sometimes fish & chips.  Sometimes I want a bowl of regular ice cream.  It is okay to indulge occasionally.  They key here however is occasionally.

 


I eat Keto because I feel better when I do.  When I don't I feel sluggish and not as sharp.  I know it is a healthier way of eating and I do enjoy it.  I do believe the occasional indulgence is what helps me make this lifestyle more sustainable.  No one wants to feel deprived and I think that constantly denying ourselves a simple thing like a certain food we truly enjoy isn't being kind to ourselves.

 


Some people like to have a "cheat day".  I think Dwayne Johnson's day to cheat is Sunday and he eats whatever he wants to indulge in on that day.  I just pick a meal every once in awhile and have whatever it is I've been wanting and then the next meal I'm back to Keto.  Whether it is a day of the week or just a meal is strictly up to you.  This lifestyle isn't about deprivation, it's about health and wellness.

 


If you are doing this for weight loss enjoy your indulgence once you have made your goal and celebrate your accomplishment.  Then get back to it.  If you, like me, are doing this to maintain your health then enjoy the occasional non Keto food you want and afterward return to those plants and animals that keep us going.  This is a sustainable lifestyle we can all benefit from.

 

2 comments:

  1. I like your once-in-awhile approach to treats. I give in a little when doing stressful travel. Yesterday I was on the road 8 hours for a 3 hour visit to a relative so I enjoyed a pumpkin spice frozen latte during part of the drive. Later I split a bag of peanuts with my husband. So good! But I don't do that at home.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. It is always nice to hear from you!