Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Chopped Salads

 


Chopped salad kits are convenient and delicious, however they are expensive and surprisingly most of them are not the healthiest.  They can be high in carbohydrates due to the amount of sugar in the dressings as well as some of the toppings.  By the time I filter out all of the sugar laden goodies there isn't much left so I decided it is better for me to just make my own salads.

 


My base for these salads is pretty much the same as the pre-packaged ones.  I chop up green cabbage, purple cabbage, kale and add some grated carrot.  Then I just add my own toppings like black and green olives, nuts and seeds, red or green bell pepper, sliced green onions, diced avocado and then my own dressing.  Cooked chicken, sliced steak or some bacon is also nice for a hardier meal.

 


Chopped salads are easy to make and not very expensive either.  I like to make up a large bowl of the cabbage, kale and carrot to keep in the refrigerator as it holds up quite well and doesn't easily wilt.  I serve it up and add my dressing and toppings at that time to keep it lasting even longer rather than mixing everything together.  What is your favorite chopped salad?

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. It is always nice to hear from you!