Monday, March 4, 2019

Sabotage



This is a hard thing for me to write about.  For one thing I didn't want to believe it was happening.  And for another, I really didn't want to believe it was happening.  When I began my keto journey the last thing I ever thought would happen was to have some of my friends and coworkers not be supportive.  Some have actually made comments that could thwart my efforts, if I had listened to them.


The most common things that are said to me are, even still:

"That diet is really bad for you."

"You could eat bread if you wanted to."

"We have donuts.  One won't kill you."

"It's okay to do Keto for a little while, but it isn't good long term."

"Try this.  Oh wait, you can't have this?  Well a little won't hurt."

"Keto isn't sustainable."

"How long are you going to keep doing this?"

I'd like to think it was unintentional and simply a product of being grossly uninformed.  Their comments weren't unkind but if I were to have taken them seriously and actually listened to them, it could've been detrimental to my success.


Keto isn't a diet.  It isn't a fad.  It isn't bad for me or "unsustainable."  This is my life, therefore it is now my lifestyle.  I've been doing this for over a year now and I am so happy!  I feel good, I look good, I'm healthy and doing fantastic!


Say what you will, do what you want, but stay out of my way.  You cannot sabotage my health and wellbeing.  I won't let you.




4 comments:

  1. I want to tell you that you've inspired me. I was on the keto diet a year ago but then I quit because so many people think it has to be perfect ... count every macro, keep carbs 20 or less, watch everything closely, use keto recipes. I read a ton and I let people sabotage me with their demand for "keto perfectness." I spent a ton of money on special "KETO food". I tried so many of the recipes and they were all pretty awful. Reading your blog, you keep it so simple and that's what I'm going to do this time around.

    This time I'm going to enjoy cream in my coffee, a few nuts, butter, cheese and plain unsweetened yogurt, eggs and meat, veggies, and tiny bits of fruit when my hubby has fruit. My one new-to-me food that is very keto friendly is hemp hearts. I love them. They are good protein and chewy. I like them in my yogurt with a few blueberries. No feelings of deprivation!! I've been back on this lifestyle for 2 days and it really is a great lifestyle. It's easy and it is enjoyable.

    I have had such a problem with sweetener of any kind giving me headaches that often turn into 6-day migraines. I've been off sweeteners for awhile so no sweet of any kind for me which will work with keto great. I've done no sweetener so long it is easy for me.

    After reading your two blogs, and really enjoying your writing, I wanted to let you know that you've been an inspiration. Thank you! I agree, don't let anyone sabotage the journey. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is wonderful Pam! I'm really glad to hear you decided to give it another go and it is going well for you. You've got the right attitude. We want our dietary lifestyle to be a good thing that enhances our life. Enjoy your cream in your coffee, I sure do! Stay true to yourself.

      I'm so glad to hear I've inspired you. Your kind comments make me really happy. Thank you very much!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. It is always nice to hear from you!