Friday, June 22, 2018

Meal Prep #1



This meal prep was a short one as I had a short work week that time and only needed to prepare for 5 days instead of seven.  It only took me an hour, including clean up which makes for a great investment of both time and effort.

Chopped roast beef, pan drippings, julienned carrot and broccoli florets

I started out the day before by putting a three pound pot roast in my slow cooker and steaming some asparagus which I had for dinner.  Then I put the leftovers, including the drippings, away in the refrigerator to use in my meal prep.  


The next day I cut up a large piece of the roast, about three cups, and put the remainder in the freezer to use later on.  I removed the fat layer from the drippings and placed them into a pot with the roast, a handful of baby carrots I'd julienned and three cups of broccoli florets cut into bit sized pieces.  


The whole thing was cooked just until the vegetables were crisp tender and then I divided it into three of my 2 cup Pyrex storage bowls with lids.

Ground turkey, onion and taco seasoning

Next I browned up a pound of ground turkey with half of a small onion I'd chopped and seasoned it with a half a packet of taco seasoning.  While it cooked I cut up a head of romaine lettuces and placed it into two of my 2 cup rectangular Pyrex storage containers with lids.  I added some leftover black olives and sharp cheddar cheese.  


The finished taco meat went into two 1 cup Pyrex bowls with lids.




Next I browned up a package of hot Italian sausages.  I added a can of diced Italian style tomatoes and half a can of water to the pot and allowed it to simmer for twenty minutes.  


While that finished I put two tablespoons of sour cream and two tablespoons of salsa into two small plastic containers to go with my taco meat and lettuce.  


When the sausages were finished I laid one into two more of my 2 cup rectangular Pyrex storage containers with lids along with some asparagus from the night before.


I allowed everything to cool down while I finished cleaning up the kitchen.  Then I put the lids onto everything and stacked it all neatly into the refrigerator.  I had some leftover taco meat and pot roast with I packaged up for the freezer to be used later. The rest of the sausages and sauce ended up being used to make another meal for my family to enjoy.

That was it this time.  Simple, quick and easy prep for several super convenient meals to enjoy throughout the week.  Not to mention pretty darn tasty.



2 comments:

  1. I am not prepping as much as you do, but just having my veggies ready (i.e. brussels sprouts in bacon grease, cooked and in the fridge for a quick warmup, yum) helps tremendously. Maybe this week I will ease into a bit more prep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to ease myself into it. I did a couple really big meal preps initially and got overwhelmed, but now I'm hitting my stride, gettin' in the groove. And I'm having fun trying all kinds of different things and ways to meal prep. :)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. It is always nice to hear from you!