Thursday, November 24, 2022

Please Stop Dieting

 


In my personal opinion diets never work.  You end up with short term results followed by long term disappointment.  I stopped dieting a long time ago, it just wasn’t worth it to me.  I would get stressed out, feel deprived, lose some weight and then gain it right back.  I'd chastise myself and feel even worse about it.  So I quit.  Instead of dieting I simply adopted a healthier lifestyle and the result has been that I can now easily manage my weight and I have a much healthier relationship with food.  No more shame.  I don't even count my macros because as long as you eat well it just sort of takes care of itself.

 


Through trial and error I've managed to come up with much healthier versions of my favorite foods, including desserts.  I read labels.  I rarely buy prepared foods and opt for whole foods instead.  Most of my shopping trips only involve the produce and the meat departments.

 


Since I stopped dieting what I keep in my refrigerator, freezer and pantry has completely changed.  I have better foods and I actually enjoy them more.  I enjoy grocery shopping and cooking more too.  Oddly enough, I spend a lot less money than I used to as well.  Whole foods just cost less.

 


Stop dieting.  Adopt a healthy lifestyle of eating good, wholesome and nutritious food, drink lots of water and add in some exercise.  You will be amazed at how well that works.

 

1 comment:

  1. You are SO right about dieting and eating whole foods. People don't believe it but it really is cheaper and you will not gain weight eating this way. Thank you for sharing this message that so many do not get.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. It is always nice to hear from you!