Tuesday, October 11, 2022

To Potato Or Not Potato?

 


Technically a potato is a plant which meets my eating criteria, although it is a starchy vegetable and is much higher in carbohydrates than say a head of lettuce.  But occasionally I will eat potatoes.  There is nothing more delightful than to top a piping hot baked potato with butter & sour cream, I can make that a meal.  I also enjoy a few pieces of potato alongside my portion of pot roast and vegetables.

 


Potatoes, in my opinion, should not be off limits if you happen to like them.  They are a very versatile vegetable and are full of potassium and vitamin C.  Their nutrient content is very helpful in maintaining a healthy body.  So I do add them to my menu on occasion for the nutrition and the variety.

 

A little potato & carrot mash to go along with keto meatloaf and some steamed veggies

If you are doing Keto for weight loss you probably want to wait until you've met your goal before adding these into your diet.  If you've met your goal or are just doing Keto to maintain a healthy lifestyle then by all means, add a spud here or there.  I believe all things in moderation are good and the potato is no exception.

 

2 comments:

  1. I am not strictly keto, I lean more toward the Whole 30 method because it allows white potatoes. What do you use to soften up your meatloaf?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chopped mushrooms or grated zucchini work really well.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. It is always nice to hear from you!