Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Do I Track My Macros?



Nope!

I find I do not need to.  As long as I follow the rules I'm good and the macros just take care of themselves.  Instead I focus on the food itself and how I can make it tasty, nutritious and enjoyable.  I love to cook and bake and I love desserts.  For me the challenge is to make the things I like healthy and keto friendly.  That is a challenge I thoroughly enjoy.

For me it is a lot of fun to take and old recipe and reinvent it.  I've learned to make meatloaf and meatballs by substituting grated zucchini or finely chopped mushrooms for bread crumbs and omitting the ketchup.  They taste great and I don't miss the bread crumbs and ketchup at all.


I do have to make a concentrated effort to get my fats in each day and I admit I'm really not that good at it, still a work in progress.  I struggle with the knowledge that it is okay to eat it in the first place, but I'm working on it because I know it is important and my brain needs this.

But as far as tracking the carbs, calories, proteins, fats and ratios.  I do not do that.  I focus on the food.  The healthy vegetables, the good proteins and the better fats.  I stay away from sugar, grains, starches and any ingredient I don't recognize and can't pronounce.  Fresh or frozen, some canned items and nothing pre-prepared like frozen dinners or packaged snack foods.

It works just fine for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. It is always nice to hear from you!