Monday, July 19, 2021

What I Eat In A Day #5

 


My eating time window is between noon and 8:00 pm and that works really well for me.  I usually only eat two meals a day within that eight hour time window.  Most people who do this call it intermittent fasting, or IF, but I just refer to it as what I do.  I seldom snack and if I do it is usually a serving of almonds.  I start my day with a couple small cups of black coffee and two 16 ounce glasses of plain filtered water.  Around 10:00 am I enjoy a Keto (bulletproof) coffee with 2 Tbs. of heavy cream and 1 Tbs of MCT oil whizzed into a large cup of black coffee.  Sometimes will I some add vanilla extract.  Cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice is a nice addition as well.

 

Avocado is a great way to add healthy fats and nutrients to a meal

Shortly after noon I have my first meal.  This time I kept it really simple and made three scrambled eggs (in bacon fat) topped with Tabasco sauce and half an avocado with salt and pepper.  It doesn't get much easier than that.  For supper I made an 80% lean burger patty with a slice of cheese on top and a fresh green salad on the side.  Two super quick, super simple meals that kept me happy all day long.

 

Check out that salad!

I find that by keeping my meals simple and varied I am adequately nourished and seldom bored by what I eat.  Variety is key to helping me stay on track with healthy eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. It is always nice to hear from you!